Codema held a webinar on The Role of the Public Sector in Developing 4th Generation District Heating, as part of the HeatNet NWE project, which is part-funded by the Interreg North-West Europe programme.
You can now view the webinar in the video on this page. The topics covered in this webinar included:
- What is district heating?
- Benefits of 4th Generation District Heating (4DHDC)
- Why district heating is needed across Ireland
- Current barriers and challenges for implementing district heating schemes
- Why Public Sector involvement is so important
- Setting out a roadmap for the public sector
- How do I know my town / region is suitable for district heating?
- Planning, economic and technological considerations
- The latest on emerging public district heating schemes in Dublin
This webinar is a must for all public sector staff working in areas such as planning, architecture, climate change, engineering, facilities management, finance and procurement. It is also a great opportunity for those working in the energy, commercial and construction sectors to gain an insight into the emerging district heating market in Ireland and gain an understanding of the role they might play in future public or public-private schemes.